T1B1 Architectural Association


     In this post I will show the research process I went through in order to understand, build and draw the plan, section, elevation and site plan of the Naoshima Port Terminal by SANAA.







In these pictures I have tried to find the real dimensions of the pavilion by taking as a reference the maximum height and scaling a picture in AutoCad.

I then made a negative of the pavilion using polystyrene spheres in order to cover it with fiberglass and resin to create the outer shell. 











Comments

  1. Hello, Bora. I'm currently working on 3d model of this cloud pavilion, but i'm quite stuck. What command did you use to make this model?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"Building, Dwelling, Thinking" Heidegger- Review

Term 1 Brief 1 Architectural Association

HarvardX GSD1 course assignment on Brunelleschi and perspective